I started this accountability/motivation blog early last year with a co-worker, as a way for us to record our meals and workouts, hoping it would push us to reach our personal fitness goals. We did well for a few weeks, but soon forgot about journaling... and the cupcakes caught up to us! ;)
Well, not exactly... I continued to improve strength wise and did a decent job of eating healthier, but I never hit the main fitness/weight goal I had in mind at the time. I developed a little more muscle definition, but wasn't able to slim down as I had hoped.
Recently a minor shoulder injury from a car accident kept me out of the gym for several weeks. Starting to notice the affects of missing my daily workout, I pushed myself back to the gym a little ahead of the doctors recommendation. I started with several light workouts - mainly walks, lower body weights and a couple bike rides - avoiding anything too strenuous on my neck and shoulder. I faired okay... so today I decided to "officially" kick it back into high gear! I made my full return by attending a bootcamp class over lunch, taught here at the bank by the GREAT (and I mean really GREAT!) Marietta Ellis.
When I got into "the zone" I felt good and started thinking about this summer... looking forward to spending more time outside, hopefully traveling to the beach... and then it hit me - UGH!! Bikini season is fast approaching... It's time to get serious!!!
So here I am blogging my diet and exercise again, but this time I mean business.
So here I am blogging my diet and exercise again, but this time I mean business.
Breakfast:
1/3 of a protein bar I didn't finish last night
Greek Yogurt + protein powder
3/4 coffee + 1/4 cappuccino
box of hot tamales - BAD CHOICE, perhaps this is why I was feeling extra guilty today
Workout: “ONLY 50”
Time Completed: 48:39
Calories Burned: 533
burpees x 50
high knees (l/r=1) x 50
weight pick up to shoulder, weighted squat, burpee x 50
scissor lunge (toes stay on the floor, slide feet forward and back) (l/r=1) x 50
elevated spider plank, 1 = right knee to right elbow, right knee to left elbow (alternate L&R) x 50
jumping jacks with floor touch x 50
lunge with over head weight & kick (left) x 50
tuck jumps x 50
lunge with over head weight & kick (right) x 50
scissor abs (one leg up, one parallel to floor, touch fingers behind high leg, alternate legs) x 50
Jump rope high knees x 500Post workout snack:
pretzels
2 scoops protein + water
Lunch:
Left overs - zucchini and pasta with beef & tomato sauce
Dinner:
TBD
We also had a fire evacuation drill this afternoon... instead of the elevator, I took the stairs - 16 stories!! Good way to top off the day.
No comments:
Post a Comment